Prerequisite: A good understanding of food safety principles is essential.
This two-day training course gives technical, quality and operations staff from manufacturers, retailers, and food service companies a clear understanding of the protocols and requirements of the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8, including audit planning, and the events during and after the audit. Before the course you must have read and reviewed a copy of the Standard. At the end of the course you will be assessed by an exam.
A copy of the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety will be provided at this training program. Participants will receive an official BRC certificate, issued by the BRC, after attending this training program.
The new BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8 will be available August 2018. Training to the new Standard will be available after October 1, 2018.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Understand the background and benefits of the Standard
- Understand the details of the scheme including:
- Audit scope and planning for the audit
- The Global Markets programme
- Have a detailed knowledge of the requirements including fundamental clauses and statements of intent
- Understand how an audit is closed, what corrective actions are and how certificates are issued
- Know about different audit options that are available including Options 1 and 2 of the unannounced scheme
- Understand the current compliance monitoring of certification bodies by the BRC
- Understand the benefits of being listed on the BRC Directory
Who Should Attend?
- Facilities Managers
- Global Food Safety Coordinators & Managers
- HACCP Coordinators
- Owners/Operators of Food Businesses
- Plant Managers and Supervisors
- Production Managers and Supervisors
- QA/QC Managers, Technicians & Supervisors
A light lunch will be provided.
Please read our Food Safety Training FAQs.
For more information on the course, please contact Helen Arenburg at (902) 678-7722 EXT. 222 or firstname.lastname@example.org