Prerequisite: An understanding of Current Good Manufacturing practices will be beneficial.
The Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-based Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation (referred to as the Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation) is intended to ensure safe manufacturing/processing, packing and holding of food products for human consumption in the United States. The regulation requires that certain activities must be completed by a “preventive controls qualified individual (PCQI)” who has “successfully completed training in the development and application of risk-based preventive controls.” This course, developed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA), is the “standardized curriculum” recognized by FDA; successfully completing this course is one way to meet the requirements for a “preventive controls qualified individual.” Join us for this 2.5 day training program that has been designed for the PCQI and meets the FDA requirements for FSMA training.
This course is taught by Lead Instructors trained by the FSPCA, who have been instructed in how to teach the FDA-recognized standardized curriculum.
Participants will receive an official FSPCA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual certificate issued by the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) after attending this training program.
At the end of this training program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss current Good Manufacturing Practices and Prerequisite Programs
- Conduct hazard analysis and determine preventive controls
- Define process, food allergen, sanitation and supply chain preventive controls
- Discuss verification, validation, recall and recordkeeping requirements
Who should attend?
- BRC Auditors
- CanadaGAP Auditors
- Certification Managers
- Food Agents
- Food Brokers
- Food Importers and Exporters
- Food Safety and Quality Consultants
- Food Safety Personnel
- HACCP Coordinators
- HACCP Team Members
- Operations, Maintenance and Sanitation
- Owners/Operators of Food Businesses
- Plant Managers and Supervisors
- Production Managers and Supervisors
- Public Health Inspectors
- QA/QC Managers, Technicians & Supervisors
- Quality Auditors
- Quality Systems Coordinators
- Regulatory Authorities, Managers & Personnel
- Risk Management Personnel
- SQF Practitioners
- Supply Chain Managers
Trainer: Iain Wright, NSF
A light lunch will be provided.
Please read our Food Safety Training FAQs.
For more information on the course, please contact Helen Arenburg at (902) 678-7722 EXT. 222 or email@example.com