This course meets the training requirements for the SQF consultant and will provide the SQF practitioner with the knowledge to develop their in-house program. SQF consultants must also successfully complete the online exam provided directly through SQFI.
The SQF Code is a HACCP-based food safety and quality management system that applies to all sectors of the food industry from primary production to distribution. SQF certification provides assurance that food safety plans have been implemented in agreement with HACCP and relevant regulatory requirements and have proven effective to manage food safety. Understand the requirements of the SQF Code including system elements, implementation, rating system and audit scoring in this comprehensive two-day workshop.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Discuss the updates to the SQF Code, from Edition 7.2 to Edition 8, food sector categories and corresponding modules
- Describe SQF System elements
- Implement and maintain SQF Systems
- Develop, validate and verify your food safety and quality plans and SQF System
- Prepare for SQF certification
- Understand requirements for SQF Practitioners and SQF Consultants
A good understanding and working knowledge of food safety and quality management systems is essential. Participants should bring their copy of the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing Edition 8 to this training program.
- Exam is optional for participants of this course.
- Certificates are issued by SQFI.
- The exam is an additional fee of $75 invoiced by SQFI.
- The exam must be taken online by participating trainees independently.
- Instructions on taking this exam are provided during the program.
Who Should Attend?
Food Safety Personnel
Food Service Personnel
Global Food Safety Personnel
Owners/Operators of Food Businesses
Product Development Personnel
Public Health Inspectors
Quality Systems Coordinators
Trainer: Nadia Narine, NSF
A light lunch will be provided.
Please read our Food Safety Training FAQs.
For more information on the course, please contact Wendy Harvie at (902) 678-7722 EXT. 228 or email@example.com