Prerequisite: A good understanding and working knowledge of food safety management systems is essential.
This course meets the training requirement for the SQF consultant and will provide the SQF practitioner with the knowledge to develop their in-house food safety management system. SQF consultants must also successfully complete the online exam provided directly through SQFI.
The SQF Code is a HACCP-based food safety and quality management system that applies to all sectors of the food industry, from primary production to distribution. SQF certification provides assurance that food safety plans have been implemented in agreement with HACCP and relevant regulatory requirements and have proven effective to manage food safety. Understand the requirements of the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing including system elements, implementation, rating system and audit scoring, so you can implement an effective system.
This course covers food safety requirements only. For information on building your quality management system and related training, please see the SQF Quality Systems for Food Manufacturing training course.
Participants will receive a copy of the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing, Edition 8.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Describe SQF system elements
- Implement and maintain SQF systems
- Develop, validate and verify your food safety plans and SQF system
- Prepare for SQF certification
- Understand requirements for SQF practitioners and SQF consultants
- Exam is optional for participants of this course.
- Certificates are issued by SQFI.
- The exam is an additional fee of $75 USD invoiced by SQFI.
- The exam must be taken online by participating trainees independently.
- Instructions on taking this exam are provided during the program.
Who Should Attend?
- Facility managers
- Food safety personnel
- Food service managers and personnel
- Globlal food safety managers and personnel
- HACCP coordinators and team members
- Owners/operators of food businesses
- Product development managers and personnel
- Production managers / supervisors
- Public health inspectors
- QA/QC managers, technicians, supervisors
- Quality auditors
- Quality systems coordinators
Trainer: Jennifer McCreary, NSF
A light lunch will be provided.
Please read our Food Safety Training FAQs.
For more information on the course, please contact Helen Arenburg at (902) 678-7722 EXT. 222 or email@example.com