On Farm Food Safety
Perennia is uniquely positioned to help producers with their on-farm food Safety programs, practical animal husbandry, employee hygiene and post-harvest handling processes.
Our production specialists and quality and food safety team can work together to assist clients in ensuring they are meeting the standards of a national program or following industry standards for keeping food safe on-farm.
If you are part of a national standards program, we can assist you by:
- reviewing your manual with you
- performing a gap analysis (on-site inspection) of the facilities/farm/packinghouse and providing feedback
- developing packinghouse schematic drawings and process flow diagrams
- consulting on record keeping requirements including customizing existing records to meet national standards for your program
- ensuring the manual and recordkeeping are working after implementation
- consulting on audit preparation including review of all customer audit requirements and development of an action plan
- conducting your annual hygiene training