Protect your reputation as food provider
You need a food safety program when you produce food products or food ingredients that are consumed by the general public, when you are governed by a regulatory body or when your customer, such as a large retailer, requires one.
The simplicity or complexity of your program is dependent on the size of operation and type of product you have. It can be confusing and overwhelming.
Perennia specialists can be a guide and provide a fully customized and clearly presented food safety program that staff and management can readily implement with success that follows appropriate regulatory requirements, reflects what is being done, is user friendly, clearly understandable. Our team can also train your staff on the foundations of solid food safety practices. The whole food production team is top of mind and involved when developing policies, procedures and records to support the effective operation of the company’s food safety program.
If you are unsure of how to write a food safety program or unsure what regulatory program would best fit your operation, contact us. We can help you determine what program best fits your needs and can assist in developing and implementing the food safety program on your behalf.
For more information, contact
A member of our specialist team
Kentville office: (902) 678-7722
Truro office: (902) 896-0277
Food Safety Systems
Here are some examples of food safety systems that we can assist you with:
- Requirements for Walmart, Costco, etc.
- OFFS – On Farm Food Safety programs:
- Start Clean, Stay Clean (Shell Egg Production & Spent Hens)
- CHEQ (Canadian Hatching Egg Quality for broiler hatching egg producers)
- Food Safety Farm Practices (Sheep)
- Quality Starts Here Verified Beef Production Program
- Canadian Quality Assurance (Pork)
- GMP – Good Manufacturing Practices
- GDP – Good Distribution Practices
- FSQS – Food Safety & Quality Systems
- FSEP – Food Safety Enhancement Program by CFIA (soon to be SFFC – SafeFood for Canadians)
- QMP – Quality Management Program for federal fisheries
- MMOP – Meat Hygiene Manual of Procedures program for federal meat processors
- CanadaGAP – Fresh fruit & vegetable production, packaging, storage, repacking, wholesaling and greenhouses (GFSI benchmarked)
- SQF – Safe Quality Food (GFSI benchmarked)
- BRC – British Retail Consortium (GFSI benchmarked)
- FSSC 22000 – Food Safety System Certification (ISO based food safety management system) (GFSI benchmarked)