Perennia is offering a Developing a HACCP Plan/Preventive Control Plan training program. The purpose of this in-person training session is to ensure companies understand the risks to food safety and how these are identified, controlled, and documented. Control measures are based on internationally recognized Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) principles.
- Understand the 12 steps of HACCP
- Identify the product and intended use
- Construct process flow diagrams and plant schematics
- Identify hazards by performing a hazard analysis and determine critical control point(s)
- Determine control measures for identified hazards
- Establish critical limits, monitoring, deviation, and verification procedures
- Validate your critical control point(s)
- Understand maintenance and reassessment of your HACCP Plan
Shelly MacDonald, Co-Manager, Quality And Food Safety
Shelly MacDonald has over 15 years of experience in the food industry, having worked with natural health products, meat/poultry, storage facilities, full-service distribution and fish & seafood. She has worked with many processing plants assisting with the development, implementation, and maintenance of Preventive Control Plans and GFSI certifications (SQF, BRCGS).
As Perennia’s Lead Trainer, Shelly develops and delivers online and in-house custom food safety training programs. She also delivers NSF Food Safety Training in partnership with NSF International for the Maritime Provinces.
Perennia Food and Beverage Innovation Centre
173 Dr. Bernie MacDonald Drive, Bible Hill
- Course days are from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Snacks and refreshments will be provided during breaks
- Lunch will be provided
- You will receive training materials which will contain all the course materials required
- The session will be interactive, so please have in mind some experiences and/or examples for discussion
Best Western Glengarry – website
Holiday Inn Truro – website
Comfort Inn Truro – website