Perennia is offering a Developing & Implementing Preventive Controls / Prerequisite Programs training session. The purpose of this in-person training session is to ensure companies understand how to develop, implement and document preventive controls to prevent, control and mitigate food safety risks.
- Identify and understand types of food safety hazards
- Discover what each preventive control/prerequisite program encompasses and how these can effectively control identified hazards
- Develop and implement preventive controls/prerequisite programs
- Understand the importance of documenting preventive controls/prerequisite programs
Shelly MacDonald, Co-Manager, Quality And Food Safety
Shelly MacDonald has over 15 years of experience in the food industry, having worked with natural health products, meat/poultry, storage facilities, full-service distribution and fish & seafood. She has worked with many processing plants assisting with the development, implementation, and maintenance of Preventive Control Plans and GFSI certifications (SQF, BRCGS).
As Perennia’s Lead Trainer, Shelly develops and delivers online and in-house custom food safety training programs. She also delivers NSF Food Safety Training in partnership with NSF International for the Maritime Provinces.
Perennia Food and Beverage Innovation Centre
173 Dr. Bernie MacDonald Drive, Bible Hill
- Course days are from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Snacks and refreshments will be provided during breaks
- Lunch will be provided
- You will receive training materials which will contain all the course materials required
- The session will be interactive, so please have in mind some experiences and/or examples for discussion
Best Western Glengarry – website
Holiday Inn Truro – website
Comfort Inn Truro – website