Quality and Food Safety Programs
Nova Scotia Agri-Food Accelerator Program
Perennia is pleased to introduce the Agri-Food Accelerator Program for agriculture producers and food and beverage food businesses in Nova Scotia.
The focus of this program is to:
- support access to new markets through skills development and information, as well as food safety support, analytical testing and training to meet scientific, retailer and market expectations for safe food
- support the successful commercialization of Nova Scotia agriculture-sourced products into recognized retail markets through skills development and information, as well as market research validation and prototype product development and scale up support with the intent to have the product successfully reach the intended market with sales longevity
Nova Scotia Seafood Accelerator Program
Perennia is pleased to introduce its first Seafood Accelerator Program for Nova Scotia’s seafood sector.
The focus of this program is to support:
- access to new markets through support for eligible companies obtaining a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) certification to open new export markets or maintain current ones,
- improvement of current seafood value-added products (either in market or a ready-to-commercialize prototype with a waiting market) through technical support, and
- successful commercialization of new Nova Scotia value-added seafood products into recognized markets with sales longevity
This program is funded under the provincial Building for Tomorrow Fund and is available until March 31, 2021. Intake is ongoing while funds are available. Projects must be completed by March 31 in the year they are approved, so early application is recommended.