Nova Scotia Seafood Accelerator Program
Perennia is pleased to introduce its first Seafood Accelerator Program for Nova Scotia’s seafood sector.
The focus of this program is to support:
- access to new markets through support for eligible companies obtaining a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) certification to open new export markets or maintain current ones,
- improvement of current seafood value-added products (either in market or a ready-to-commercialize prototype with a waiting market) through technical support, and
- successful commercialization of new Nova Scotia value-added seafood products into recognized markets with sales longevity
This program is funded under the provincial Building for Tomorrow Fund and is available until March 31, 2021. Intake is ongoing while funds are available. Projects must be completed by March 31 in the year they are approved, so early application is recommended.
Who is eligible?
The following are the eligibility requirements for all components of the Seafood Accelerator Program. All relevant information must be completed on the appropriate form when applying to allow program administrators to verify these requirements have been met. Applicants must:
- have a head office and licensed seafood processing facility in Nova Scotia,
- demonstrate they are meeting the current federal and provincial inspection, regulation and licensing requirements,
- have controls in place to ensure the product is handled properly during processing and results in a final product that is not tainted, decomposed, or unwholesome, and
- not be in contravention of provincial or federal laws related to the fishery