New Product Creator
This initiative is intended to support the development of new seafood value-added products through activities such as market validation, prototype development and scale-up support with the intent of having the product successfully reach the intended market.
Special consideration will be given to participants utilizing seafood waste or by-product in their product.
Participants must be ready and willing to complete the commercialization cycle to take a product to market with the goal of this program to have a prototype created and the scale-up process determined. The creation of a new product must include assistance through technical solutions provided by Perennia Food and Agriculture.
Is there a pre-requisite?
Yes. All successful applicants will be required to work with consultants funded under this program to validate the market, positioning and brand for their product concept before product development begins. Once these factors have been explored, technical services provided by Perennia Food and Agriculture must be included in the path to move the new product to commercialization.
What funding is available?
Funding contribution available is based on scope and deliverables of the project.
Is there an equity requirement?
Yes. Projects are cost-shared to a maximum of 50/50 with applicants (for example, a $10,000 project would receive $5,000 in funding). Applicants must pay a percentage of their contribution for the project to begin, depending on total project costs
What is the application process and requirements?
- Complete the New Product Creator application or email email@example.com to be sent the form. Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding so please ensure you submit a completed application. All information will be kept confidential and used for application assessment purposes only.
- Please note: for the NEW PRODUCT CREATOR PROGRAM your application must include a brief business and marketing plan.
- Once an application is received, applicants should be prepared to be contacted by a Perennia team member to get further information or to have follow up questions answered.
- Applications will be reviewed quickly for approval so projects can move forward.
- Successful applicants must be able to provide a down payment before work begins.
- Scheduling of the project may begin immediately upon application approval with a signed quote and project plan.
For more information on this program, or to check the status of your application please contact Ashley Sprague at 902-955-0248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.