Technical Obstacles Program
This initiative is intended to assist companies with seafood value-added products already in the marketplace, or those ready to go to market, with a technical issue that is keeping or prohibiting a product from entering a new market or limiting its current market success.
What are eligible activities?
- recommendations for adjusting a formulation to achieve a better or different product
- determining and/or extending a product’s shelf-life
- analytical testing of bioactive compounds (e.g. vitamin levels, enzymes, etc.)
- analytical testing to provide evidence that a product and/or process has met expectations
- package optimization (e.g. recommending the best packaging format for a product to extend its shelf life and maintain quality characteristics)
- developing step-by-step production methods
- flavour revisions
- producing samples on a small scale for a test market (e.g. using equipment or processes available at the Perennia Food and Beverage Innovation Center)
What funding is available?
Funding contribution available is based on scope and deliverables of the project.
Is there an equity requirement?
Yes. Projects are cost-shared to a maximum of 50/50 with applicants (for example, a $10,000 project would receive $5,000 in funding). Applicants must pay a percentage of their contribution for the project to begin, depending on total project costs.
What is the application process and requirements?
- Complete the Technical Obstacle application or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent the form. Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding so please ensure you submit a completed application. All information will be kept confidential and used for application assessment purposes only.
- Once an application is received, applicants should be prepared to be contacted by a Perennia team member to get further information or to have follow up questions answered.
- Applications will be reviewed quickly for approval so projects can move forward.
- Successful applicants must be able to provide a down payment before work begins.
- Scheduling of the project may begin immediately upon application approval with a signed quote and project plan.
For more information on this program, or to check the status of your application please contact Ashley Sprague at 902-955-0248 or email@example.com.