Guidance for Employers
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please remember to reach out to Perennia when you have TFWs coming in through means other than the FARMS organization. Perennia needs certain information for the province. Also, a reminder to connect with Perennia to confirm that your TFWs have arrived or if there are any changes to the names or number of workers who do arrive. Your contact is Sara Marceau at 902-300-4710 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*NEW* Information (April 25, 2022)
Federal Changes for Fully Vaccinated Workers
Effective April 25, 2022 fully vaccinated travellers:
- Don’t need to mask on arrival or for 14 days post-entry
- Don’t need to monitor/report post border signs and symptoms of COVID-19 to Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and will follow local public health advice.
- Don’t need to maintain a list of names and contact information for each person they have close contact with and at locations they visit
- Don’t need to quarantine for 14 days if another person in their travel group exhibits signs/symptoms of COVID-19 or tests positive
- Don’t need to have a suitable quarantine plan
- These travellers will still be required to provide their contact information (phone number and home address) via ArriveCAN
- You are still required to report positive results to Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Clarification on Isolation Requirements
- Unvaccinated/Partially Vaccinated TFWs will be required to have a 14-day quarantine plan when they arrive at their destination when first entering Nova Scotia
- Fully vaccinated workers are not required to isolate upon arrival unless:
- They are tested at an airport that is a federally administered test and test positive, they need to isolate for 10 days
- If a TFW is tested at any time when in Nova Scotia, that is a provincially administered test and if positive they need to isolate for seven days. Here is a link to a document to properly track when the seven days of isolation are complete.
- Here is another resource on how and when to isolate
TFWs who are required to isolate can do so in hotels/motels or in employer housing. The cost of the isolation will be the responsibility of the employer. Perennia will maintain a list of hotels/motels who are available to quarantine TFWs. It is the employer’s responsibility to book the hotels for their workers.
Starting April 1, 2022, pre-entry tests will no longer be required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water. https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/exemptions
Rapid Test Kits Available
Rapid test kits are now available at eight locations around the province. See the locations and learn how and when to use rapid tests on our new Rapid Test Kits page.